• ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Limited major again?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I may dabble in it. I need 3 decent classifiers to make A so I may shoot classifiers in Lim after the next few matches. Given than I've been shooting Glocks lately and this was a good price, it made sense to pick it up and play around with it.

The stippling isn't as grippy as it looks, so I think I'm going to re-stipple it tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Picked up a few of these from Primary Arms for range use and such. My first thought was, "They're so cute!" Haha
    bc7cfb8cfdb3ab8e56f8c342b869d643.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Got a bunch of them. I use them for hunting. Hogs . . unblocked. I put in 8rds + 1 in chamber. Deer . . I use the MAPul blocks (-5). After I put them in the mag,I put three applications of Gorilla Glue on the base plate release button. Then I mark the side with a large white "V".
    These are super mags. Easy to load and unload. Will not scratch up your brass or bullets. ---- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finally got the "alternative" rear sight allen screw from Taurus after eight months as the actual part is still on back order. The invoice says "Front Sight Screw" and a number. I don't have a clue what gun it actually fits. It looks longer then the thickness of the sight. I'll check fit in the AM.
    I did a back check on the Taurus Customer Service phone line. Your not dealing with Taurus when you call, its a company called Blaztech International. Blaztech is a subsidiary of Rossi Firearms. Taurus bought the Rossi handgun production Line in 1997 and it appears they consolidated Service. No suprise they are not BBB Rated though there are listed complaints which show Blaztech as being responsible for Rossi and Taurus customer service.

Update: Alternate allen screw is 2X longer, actually blocks 3/4 of front sight dot. I will modify it when I have time later in the week. This is my second PT1911, love it but Taurus customer service SUCKS!

Last edited:

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finally let all this ban this ban that media barrage get to me. I ordered a 50rd. drum mag for my 9mm AR I had been thinking about getting for years now but kept rationalizing not getting because for the same price I could get like eight 30rd. mags. I picked the drum mag because high cap mags are low hanging fruit, they might actually get banned. Turns out I might have made a good choice as I snagged the very last one they had in stock. Went ahead and ordered yet another case of 5.56 while I was at it. I figure I have enough AR's, ammo, and magazines now for me, my kids, there kids, and there kids, and maybe even there kids :p!

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finally let all this ban this ban that media barrage get to me. I ordered a 50rd. drum mag for my 9mm AR I had been thinking about getting for years now but kept rationalizing not getting because for the same price I could get like eight 30rd. mags. I picked the drum mag because high cap mags are low hanging fruit, they might actually get banned. Turns out I might have made a good choice as I snagged the very last one they had in stock. Went ahead and ordered yet another case of 5.56 while I was at it. I figure I have enough AR's, ammo, and magazines now for me, my kids, there kids, and there kids, and maybe even there kids :p!

Please submit a review of the drum after you've received it and tested it.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Man...waiting on these was like a kid waiting on Christmas. They got from MT to Jacksonville faster than the got from there to me. Dressed it up really nice I think. I will drift in the front sight and rear sight cover/peep holder when I have some time. Found some .44 boolits in my stock pile and I'll get them loaded this weekend to sight it in...wish I knew who made them incase they shoot well. Hope I don't have to cut the front sight too much....went with what they recommended.

IMG_1825.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1825.jpg
      IMG_1825.jpg
      25.9 KB · Views: 249

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It took quite a bit of trial and error to get the stippling right on the G35 I picked up last Saturday. I learned that I need to have the heat dialed all the way up on the wood burner to melt the polymer quickly without getting a bunch of strings, where I can have the heat a little lower on a 2011 grip. It's not perfect and definitely isn't show quality, but it's super grippy and will serve its purpose.

Bpg9PDX.jpg

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Man...waiting on these was like a kid waiting on Christmas. They got from MT to Jacksonville faster than the got from there to me. Dressed it up really nice I think. I will drift in the front sight and rear sight cover/peep holder when I have some time. Found some .44 boolits in my stock pile and I'll get them loaded this weekend to sight it in...wish I knew who made them incase they shoot well. Hope I don't have to cut the front sight too much....went with what they recommended.

View attachment 61723

I have Skinners on my 39A and it took quite a bit of filing to get them right. Yours look great and I know you'll like 'em!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I ordered a Frankford Arsenal Vibra-Prime today to speed up the primer tube filling process (without spending $400+ on a Dillon primer filler). From what I've seen, I'll have to make a few modifications to it in order to make it work well and efficiently. I may make a video of the modification process.

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Don't remember the mods needed because I did mine several years ago. But they are minor and easy. You will love it when you are done. Much better than picking up primers one at a time.

Idoono

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I finally got around to joining the Escambia River Gun Club this past Sunday.
    I really enjoyed my first session out there.
    Not too crowded and shot with some really nice people.
    Now I just need to figure out the best way to make a target stand. Thought about PVC but might just make the whole thing out of 2x4s since I’ve got a lot of lumber lying around I need to use.
    They do sell some nice steel bases at the range though.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    PVC is much lighter. Don't glue it, make "target frame" with equal length of PVC: take 2 spare sections and 2 spare "T" connectors in case of a bad strike or if taller target is needed. Make anchors for windy days: tall "U"shape to fit over PVC base or tent pegs and a loop of paracord. Card board target backing if needed for smaller targets. Duct tape to attach backing and targets. Whole rig is about 5lbs and breaks down as needed for transport and storage. Its much heavier and harder to get that versatile with 2X4, bonus: no wood splinters, no staple gun.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Here is my target stand for ERGC. The center cross-connecting pvc pipe is not glued so it can come apart for storage and/or transport, and a hole in center allows a 12" spike to be driven into the ground for stability. The 1" x 2" wood uprights just drop in. Simple, Light & Stable.
    DSCN0133.jpg
    DSCN0134.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN0133.jpg
      DSCN0133.jpg
      33.3 KB · Views: 357
    • DSCN0134.jpg
      DSCN0134.jpg
      28.9 KB · Views: 352

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Thanks. The "feet" are 43" long for extra stability (I rarely need to drive the center spike in). The PVC portions of the uprights are 16" high. I used 6' 1x2s for the rest, in case "someone else" shoots them up...of course, I would never hit them myself :laser:

Top Bottom