• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finally finished my "Ball'in-on-a-budget" build.
    Very nice! Please add a range report when you get time.

Did you consider skeletizing the mag well walls or grinding unused lugs from the top rail. I don't know if that stuff is meat or fat, but it would get you closer to the magic 4.5 mark or help offset optic weight.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shellac complete. Tang screws and sling swivel installed. Just waiting for the pistol grip screw and buttplate. And the mak90 partial deban will be completed. That checkered fatty grip feels real nice..

Attachments

• 20181013_171511.jpg
      20181013_171511.jpg
      737.2 KB · Views: 247

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I shot the 2018 Endless Summer Blast in Dothan on Sunday. I'm still not very confident with the gun, but I managed to pull off high Limited Division.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    purchased some unfinished fiddleback maple grips for my new-to-me Kimber Ultra. Should be here next week sometime. I'll likely add some finish to make the grain pop and then finsih it up with some BLO. Trying to match an existing set of grips I have on my fullsize Kimber. Attempting to make a matching pair, although they'll unmatch in size.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Had a short and frustrating trip to the EMLR range today. Went to sight in my SBR'ed PPS-43C in 9mm, test shoot one six shooter JJ corrected a front sight on for me, and sight in a HoloSun that I had rifle platform issues with on the first time out.

Went to range 5 which I forgot, if I ever knew, had been designated .22 and pistol caliber only. Ok, will address the HoloSun sight in another day.

PPS-43C was shooting left as I remembered, and high at 25 yards. Taking the target to 35 amplified the high POI. I had forgot what a surprisingly good trigger it had. I tried to drift the front sight with a brass pin and rubber mallet, no go. Tried to figure out how to adjust front sight height, and nothing I had would fit it. Arrrg, on to the six shooter. First two cylinders of 5 went fine and shooting much more to the POI (thanks JJ!). Then it started locking up every cylinder of ammo I tried. After three times; I cleared it, packed up, and left.

Once home, I researched and read that many of the PPS-43C's would take a few stout blows to move the front sight. At home, I took 'er to the garage with hammer and punch. Second rap, it moved! Cool. Reading after a web search, I found that the cleaning rod had front sight adjustment tool built in. How the hell did I miss seeing that in all my reading and research prior to the build? The cleaning rod was in the cast off parts kit box from the original build. It worked like a charm, and I am now ready to go back Friday and get it sighted in. Think I will start at 25, and see how it does at 100 after that. It was shooting good groups, but I may open the back sight up to give me a clearer sight picture. Dreaming of making the rear a peep, but that may not be practically possible.

On the six shooter, my examination at home lead me to believe it was the odd .38 special FMJ ammo that I grabbed to plink with that was locking the cylinder up. Loaded it up with quality .357 and it rotated and ran smoothly. Not even sure where I got this ammo, but the case rim seemed to be too thick to properly work in this pistol. It has extremely tight tolerances, and the gap on it is very close. I May measure it later. I will shoot it more Friday with known quality ammo and see how it rolls, pun intended. LOL

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I have been cleaning and straightening up my reloading area...I really let it go to seed. It feels good to get it back in working order, and I loaded some .45 ACPs.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    This was actually 2 days ago.

Took my 16” 300 Blackout AR upper, plenty of ammo and 5 lowers, all with different buffer weights to the neighbor’s range. This is the upper that throws the first round loaded of Barnes 110 gr black tips low out of the rest of the group. 11 out of the 12 groups once again had the first round using Barnes 110 gr black tips go low. The one ok group was a fluke, as 4 more groups with that combo threw the first round low. I give up trying to use the Barnes bullet in it. I have tried fix after fix.

Nosler 125 gr BT shoot accurate and do not throw the first shot out of the group. Next week if we have a sunny day, I will sight it in with the FLIR thermal and Noslers to take it to Georgia with me. Got a couple of requests to bring night hunting equipment with me. One to get some armadillos tearing up a yard and plants and one hog on property where he is not wanted. Of course as all night hunters know, there are no guarantees, no matter what the equipment or experience.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sighted in my SUS VENATOR/HOG SLAYER Blackout upper with the FLIR thermal and Nosler 125 Ballistic Tip handloads on at 50yd. The bullet impact will be +/- 1 inch out to 160yd with that sight setting and thermal sight height above the bore.

Renewed my Georgia non-resident hunting license (ouch!). Finished my hunting trip checklist. Taking 3 rifles for day time hunting. Will rotate taking them out as I can't make up my mind on only 1 rifle. If I stay for a week and weather permits, I'll have 13 times I can go out deer hunting. If need be, I can stay an extra day for 2 more times going out. First 3 days are buck only; after that does and bucks (2 buck limit; 10 does). Hunting clothes have been airing out in the sun, and are now packed up to go. First walk to the fields takes about 30 minutes up and down steep hills with a couple of rest breaks getting up the worst hill. Each walk after takes less and less time. About the afternoon of the 3rd day I'm taking no breaks doing the walk and feeling fit. Life is good.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I know it stings a bit. In SC you would have to buy all of those tags to shoot that many on top of the lic fee.
    I forget where you go when your here...was thinking it was almost close to me.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    We put a few rounds down range before our afternoon bow hunt. The arsenal SBR is a pleasure to shoot with the Dead Air Wolverine.
    8da33bba875931e1cbaec996c074e9d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I know it stings a bit. In SC you would have to buy all of those tags to shoot that many on top of the lic fee.
    I forget where you go when your here...was thinking it was almost close to me.

Tignal, Ga. Wilkes County. NE part of Georgia.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I was finally able to pick up the S&W Model 745 I've been searching for. I can't wait to get to the range and try it out.
    36A0BB8C-9148-49D2-AFD9-CB773906D6EC (2).jpg
    EF81F31B-C588-405E-B86C-AABB4CFEF453.jpg

Attachments

• 36A0BB8C-9148-49D2-AFD9-CB773906D6EC (2).jpg
      36A0BB8C-9148-49D2-AFD9-CB773906D6EC (2).jpg
      155.2 KB · Views: 306
    • EF81F31B-C588-405E-B86C-AABB4CFEF453.jpg
      EF81F31B-C588-405E-B86C-AABB4CFEF453.jpg
      150.5 KB · Views: 323

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well decided to clean the MP5 K PDW and the two 9mm Suppressors and Different Mounts.

eyU8tIY.jpg

And now I am Inspecting all the Cans, Suppressors, Silencers. What ever you like to call them.

oDTNJTm.jpg

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mocked up the 300blk build this evening. Still debating over a couple other parts, gas block, trigger, etc...
    I've always been pleased with the fit/finish of Aero parts and this one hasn't disappointed so far.
    7a2e1fff7357eebb0d24ee5526cf1a37.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My buddy is a dealer and I have been admiring the fit on the enhanced sets. Sure would like to hold an M5 (.308) before ordering one. Their Glock 19 & 17 slides look good too.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Hoping to finally pick up an M1 today. I'v been waiting for a long time and I cant wait to shoot it!

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Lord help me... I think I want an MP5 clone... been looking hard the last few days. Not many around.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom