• Ruger NV Seven2 Redux.jpg
      Ruger NV Seven2 Redux.jpg
      73.1 KB · Views: 183
    Last edited:

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Being poorly influenced By TennJeep and Jester and some others who have done some great work on their gunrooms I decided to upgrade mine with some improvements and get with the program. 1st order of business was to remove what turned out to be multiple layers of wallpaper. I'm beginning to miss my shabby loading room. I can't believe this stuff is that hard to get down and it looks like crap when you do, going to be some serious spackling work and sanding going on. I'd have come out better selling the house. I have a real good heat gun and it's the only thing that works on this stuff. More gripping to follow as time allows!

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Zinsser's DIF works real good for me....a slow process of scoring and spraying...very little if any damage to Sheetrock paper layer if you are careful. Sometimes steam works well too.

I just finished the last coat of finish on one of my main work tables this afternoon. It is a satin finish...it's just wet

Attachments

• 57333539897__A1BF5BE6-22CC-43FF-A828-E9924DBC8E06.JPG
      57333539897__A1BF5BE6-22CC-43FF-A828-E9924DBC8E06.JPG
      44.7 KB · Views: 147
    Last edited:

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Zinsser's DIF works real good for me....a slow process of scoring and spraying...very little if any damage to Sheetrock paper layer if you are careful. Sometimes steam works well too."

Apparently there's something they were supposed to put under the wallpaper to make it easier to remove. These folks must've used portland cement but I'll get off.

"I just finished the last coat of finish on one of my main work tables this afternoon. It is a satin finish...it's just wet"

As usual your work looks really good!

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Joined ERGC today... my wife and I shot 500 rounds through our carry guns (glock 19, 26, 43) and I ran a few mags through a 9mm 1911 I picked up a few weeks ago. Also shot 300 rounds through my suppressed M&P 22lr.... eased over to the rifle range and plinked steel for a while. She was eating that 100yd man sized silhouette up with my suppressed Daniel defense. We also ran a few mags through the Scar heavy before the rain got there. It was a fun time, I can't believe I waited this long to sign up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Joined ERGC today... my wife and I shot 500 rounds through our carry guns (glock 19, 26, 43) and I ran a few mags through a 9mm 1911 I picked up a few weeks ago. Also shot 300 rounds through my suppressed M&P 22lr.... eased over to the rifle range and plinked steel for a while. She was eating that 100yd man sized silhouette up with my suppressed Daniel defense. We also ran a few mags through the Scar heavy before the rain got there. It was a fun time, I can't believe I waited this long to sign up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Congrats dude! And yeah...took way too long

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I did some upgrades on my Bushmaster M4 that has been hiding in the back of the safe for several years. I added Magpul MOE stock, handguard and pistol grip, Magpul MBUS rear sight, EOTech red dot, Geissele 3.5# 2-stage trigger, Geissele "Super 42" braided wire spring and buffer, BCM Gunfighter extended latch (medium) charging handle and a generic sling. OK, so I was bored, but It was amazing to realize all the stuff I had laying around & put it to use. I hope to be able get to the range and try it out soon.

I also hand loaded some .38 Special cartridges with hollow base wadcutters for my S&W Model 52 that hasn't seen light-of-day for quite some time.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Yesterday I finished testing of a new (to me) 6.5 Creedmoor load for shooting steel at my club and the neighbor's range. 42.0gr H4350, Hornady brass, CCI 200, Hornady 140gr BTHP match bullets, 2.825" oal. 2736fps average at 10' from the muzzle, 27fps ES, 11 SD. It's averaging about .55" for 5 shot groups at 100yd. Here's two .55" groups as I was moving the impact point up so it would hit 3" high at 100yd. These groups were out of a Thompson Center LRR.

Hornady is discontinuing those bullets in the 500 bullet bulk pack and only gonna sell them in boxes of 100 in the future, so the discontinued 500 packs, if not already sold out, can be bought at a nice price. Midway and Midsouth are already sold out (I managed to get 1 box from each of those places before they were gone).

DSCN3638.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN3638.JPG
      DSCN3638.JPG
      47 KB · Views: 173

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I did some upgrades on my Bushmaster M4 that has been hiding in the back of the safe for several years. I added Magpul MOE stock, handguard and pistol grip, Magpul MBUS rear sight, EOTech red dot, Geissele 3.5# 2-stage trigger, Geissele "Super 42" braided wire spring and buffer, BCM Gunfighter extended latch (medium) charging handle and a generic sling. OK, so I was bored, but It was amazing to realize all the stuff I had laying around & put it to use. I hope to be able get to the range and try it out soon.

I also hand loaded some .38 Special cartridges with hollow base wadcutters for my S&W Model 52 that hasn't seen light-of-day for quite some time.

Please let us know your opinion of the Geissele braided wire spring and buffer. I had once tried a Tubs 25% more strength flat wire spring in one of my 300 Blackouts, and it proved to be too much strength for the Blackout to properly function (failures to lock back when mag was emptied), but it did function fine when shooting .223/5.56.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Please let us know your opinion of the Geissele braided wire spring and buffer. I had once tried a Tubs 25% more strength flat wire spring in one of my 300 Blackouts, and it proved to be too much strength for the Blackout to properly function (failures to lock back when mag was emptied), but it did function fine when shooting .223/5.56.

Will do.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    cover it with paneling?

Good idea Frank but I'm probably no better at carpentry than I am paper removal. Actually when I moved to do another wall it came off much easier and cleaner. This wall looked as if it were primed and the other walls look like the paper was placed over the plain sheet rock I'm over half way done so I'm getting there. It's a spare time project anyway.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Got a phone call from a friend today asking me if I wanted a bunch of reloading stuff. They didn’t know what all the stuff was
    I told him yes and I had 5 boxes and 2 flats full dropped off. 2 boxes of corn cob media, 2 boxes of empty shotgun shells most still have spent primers, 1 flat with shotgun shell trays (50 count) and more boxes I haven’t gone through yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Are them shotgun trays for 20ga ??
    I mailed off another gun today. SOLD !! --- SAWMAN

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sawman they’re yours if you want them. I’m almost in downtown Baker though I do go to Pensacola 1 or 2 times a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Worked just fine and quieted down the spring "twang."

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My Son bought a semi auto MP 40 and the bottom of the two plastic sides had a gap in them we both did not like the way that looked.

IxRZgpz.jpg

So we took it apart to have a look and it seem to me that there was two spots where pins could go to help hole it together and not have a nasty looking gap.

7QGQGH7.jpg

I took a 3mm allen key and cut and milled it down two pins to fit perfect in those holes. Hoping it would hold the two pieces together better.

coP33E9.jpg

It tuned out very well and he was happy with the results.

o1zi0UO.jpg

YWyWDbA.jpg

fXnLWaK.jpg

Top Bottom