• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This morning I started messing around in sketchup to see how I may want to setup my new gun/reloading room. This is what I've got so far:

Looks good. What program did you use? Are you staying local?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Looks good. What program did you use? Are you staying local?
    I used sketchup (which is free). And yes, I'm staying in Baldwin County.
    I think you need a 12x18. Room for a good cot and a coffee pot!
    I gotta work with what I've got... and I hope I don't need to use a cot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Been wanting a 300 Blackout conversion kit for my Ruger SR556 takedown rifle, but never got around to ordering it. No hurry, lots of them in stock at many dealers. I noticed they were no longer listed in Ruger's store...Hmmm. Contact Ruger since I had a 20% off coupon...no longer being made, but maybe some day we'll make some more. Fine, lots of them on the Internet. Starting at the lowest price and working my way up to full retail, a dozen or so companies checked are now out of stock.

While on Armslist, just browsing, I plugged in the Blackout kit, thinking what the heck. There was one in NC at $70 under MSRP at a pawn and gun shop! I call, yes we have it, new in the box. It's still here for sale. I'll take it; that was Tuesday. It arrived today, Thursday, as advertised. Happy camper I am. My wife just now helped me take off the flash hider so I can put on a suppressor. The flash hider was on very snug.

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I shot the USPSA match in Vinegar Bend and won the limited 10 division. Also picked up a 10/22 takedown. Good day with shooting buddies.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I also shot the MPSA USPSA match today. Here is the first video. Others coming soon.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I took down my primary grocery getter, ordered some DNZ Reaper rings. A Bell and Carlson stock, and dropped the barreled action off to Howard at Rumblewepnz to be threaded. Silencerco ASR is also on the way... I shot 7 deer with this rifle last year (tikka t3 in .308win) and it is an absolute tack driver. Everything was DRT with 178gr Hornady ELD-X...
    2642a5b92b6322233ef298c8fd713e07.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've done a bunch of gun stuff the last two weeks. I spent 7 of 9 days on the range. Spent this past week at CORE doing/teaching everything from basic marksmanship to low light pistol and NVG carbine for work.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Brother in law visiting from OR. He was LE back in the day and never budged from .357 revolvers, not really a gun guy. We picked out a six pack and went to the Range the next day. Slow start due to learning curve with pistols but ended well. He liked the Glocks simplicity so he might convert later on. He and his wife are retired and doing the full time RV traveling thing so he won't be on home turf to buy another handgun for awhile. This reminds me, I better talk to them about checking gun laws in States they travel to/though. Wouldn't want them to spend time in crapholes like N.J. and get arrested for unregistered handguns and hollow points.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Tested more Blackout loads in my Ruger Takedown AR. Think I've found the load for hunting. 20.1gr H110, Barnes 110gr black tip, Wolf KVB223M primer, LC formed brass, 2.25" oal, mild crimp. Gives 2402fps average velocity at 4' from the chronograph. 100yd groups of 1.04" and 1.26". Now to sight it 1.5" high at 100yd. Tried the Barnes bullets and my 2nd favorite deer hunting bullet, the Nosler 125gr Ballistic Tip. Tried CCI #400 and Wolf KVB223M (their .223 primer) primers. Glad the Barnes shot accurate, as it's a heck of a bullet in my experience for deer, hogs, and coyotes.

PS. Does anyone have one of the new for 2018 S&W Shield .380 EZ pistols? If yes, what do you think of it?

Thanks,

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    PS. Does anyone have one of the new for 2018 S&W Shield .380 EZ pistols? If yes, what do you think of it?
    Thanks,

When the Mfg says "some ammo" creates a recoil that shifts the manual Safety to "ON"... I think thats not too good when the ammo is within SAAMI Spec for for the hangun and its a .380APC! Mfg has a free of charge fix... kinda: says it will make it "less susceptible". That just isn't good enough in my book.
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/mp-380-shield-ez-consumer-advisory

I read another comment stating: with one in the chamber, a mag with eight rounds will not seat against the closed slide, mag with seven rounds will. Can't confirm if that is truely a gun/mag problem or a user issue.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    When the Mfg says "some ammo" creates a recoil that shifts the manual Safety to "ON"... I think thats not too good when the ammo is within SAAMI Spec for for the hangun and its a .380APC! Mfg has a free of charge fix... kinda: says it will make it "less susceptible". That just isn't good enough in my book.
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/mp-380-shield-ez-consumer-advisory

I read another comment stating: with one in the chamber, a mag with eight rounds will not seat against the closed slide, mag with seven rounds will. Can't confirm if that is truely a gun/mag problem or a user issue.

I’ve never had a firearm shift the safety “ON” is that something that happens with some firearms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom