• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Currently cleaning my .22 can after 3k rounds.... holy shit I'll never wait this long again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    d0bb51dfff7079b7a53148dc63c40833.jpg

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    An ultrasonic cleaner would make short work of that. They're fairly inexpensive from amazon. They're great for trigger groups and BCG as well.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    An ultrasonic cleaner would make short work of that. They're fairly inexpensive from amazon. They're great for trigger groups and BCG as well.
    Holy shit I got my wife one for Christmas last year.... brilliant! thanks man! Wish I thought of that an hour ago. Lol.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Be careful with the aluminum parts. Depending on the liquid you use, the ultrasonic could eat up the aluminum.
    Can't remember the specific combos, but I remember the cautions when researching stainless steel vs aluminum in rimfire suppressors.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Holy shit I got my wife one for Christmas last year.... brilliant! thanks man! Wish I thought of that an hour ago. Lol.

John B-please keep us posted on whether she lets you use it or if you sneak it past her and it blows up or something. If it were me it would definitely blow up and be the last one on the planet. Hopefully you're a lucky man.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    John B-please keep us posted on whether she lets you use it or if you sneak it past her and it blows up or something. If it were me it would definitely blow up and be the last one on the planet. Hopefully you're a lucky man.
    I asked her and she told me to F off.... lol!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    General housekeeping note to all members-
    Please refrain from "psuedo moderating" as this only generates more discord and clean up for myself and other moderators. If you have an issue let us know thru PM.
    Thanks, JW

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Swapping some parts around on rifles and pistols and general cleaning in prep for a class next weekend. The shop dog was certainly no help...
    efd45371d42fc73debe19b52563c1072.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Ordered a Ruger AR556 MPR.

Friday - Got email from Nikon that they agreed my scope index ring for both elevation and windage is faulty (it moves when it should remain in place) and will repair under warrantee.

Friday - Called Pacific Tool and Die for the 5th time trying to get a useable 6.5 Creedmoor throat erosion gage in place of the faulty one they sent. They admitted they'd received some faulty 6.5 Creedmoor TE gages. In January I returned it with a 2 page letter and photograph showing the gage was not correct (incorrect length so it goes into my rifle too far to be useable, markings on the gage are not correct, and the gage flat out does not conform to the instructions they sent). Every time I call I am told a different story. I was told once they'd have the replacement gage in the mail immediately but had not mailed it as they wanted ME to pay for shipping the replacement gage (I did pay to return the faulty gage); got them to agree that to have me pay shipping for their error was wrong, but nothing happened. I was told they'd email me with the status of my return, but nothing happened. I was told they'd call in 30 minutes with the status of my returned faulty gage, but nothing happened. Friday I was told that Pete (not available) put a note with my returned gage that they "could not do what the customer wants". I pointed out they say the gage is in stock on their website, and all I want is a functioning gage for a 6.5 bbl wear project. Monday I am supposed to be called back with an explanation of what Pete meant. Oh, on top of everything else, their policy is no refunds...store credit only. Also, every time I call, I have to go over all the things wrong with the gage I was sent and remind them that I sent a letter and photograph that explains everything along with references to the instruction sheet paragraphs and sentences where the instructions sent does not jive with the gage I was sent. The last time I called and was told I'd be connected with *******, I said I do not want to talk with her, as she tells me a different story each time, so I got to talk to another person. At least she went to Pete's area and read his note.

Thinking about this hassle, I'm gonna go out and pet the goats and calm down. :grouphug:

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    So I got bored and decided to do a little cleaning out of my parts bin. Who knew I’d find so much stuff. I was able to part together a 10.5 pistol this afternoon. It’s nothing pretty, but after some cleaning and stripping of old paint I think she’ll do just fine as a KISS pistol. Ill updated with pics as it progresses in its rebirth of what’s to be a fine Tool.

Attachments

• 422B8CD6-BC7D-4F1B-BA86-85180F7E9A0B.jpeg
      422B8CD6-BC7D-4F1B-BA86-85180F7E9A0B.jpeg
      98.7 KB · Views: 142

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    No surprise...I did not receive the phone call today that I was told I'd receive from supervisor Kelly at Pacific Tool and Die, so I called. One of the people that had told me she'd email me the status of my gage one time and another time that she'd call back in 30 minutes answered the phone (she did offer me an in-store credit...I said what good would that do me when it's the gage I want?...Oh, you're right). BTW, your website shows 8 of the gages in stock I said...no reply to that bit of info. Would not tell me why she failed to do as she told me, but she did go to supervisor Kelly. I am now to receive a phone call tomorrow from Kelly's supervisor, Pete, who in theory, will explain his note of "could not do what the customer wants". What this customer wants is a useable 6.5 Creedmoor throat erosion gage that their website has listed with 8 in stock. This was my 6th phone call trying to find the status of the faulty gage return. They've now had the returned gage for 2 months.

Got a letter from Nikon (they'd already sent me an email) saying there will be no charge on fixing my scope...letter didn't say how long it would take though.

6.5 Creedmoor brass arrived so I got some more ammo loaded.

Time to go feed goats.

At least today I was prepared when I took the wife's van in for service and repairs to combat the "upselling" of services I anticipated, and I was armed with the Technical Service Bulletin that showed what the repair was that I wanted done. Service write-up guy claimed the TSB was "closed" and that they wanted to charge me $586 in parts + labor to replace various front end parts. What does "closed" mean I asked? Was told that the car maker had removed that TSB, as he can't find it, therefore it's closed. I showed him the TSB I pulled up on my iPad right there. He asked if he could borrow my iPad with the TSB showing...sure. The TSB repair was $118. Senior repair tech told him in front of me that the TSB is still valid and that you simply couldn't find it. In the waiting room, customers and I were having a good time telling "sea stories" (1 Army, 1 Navy, 1 Marine) and how you have to watch the service areas of car dealerships. Had a couple of ladies laughing with us. They were all silent when the service write-up person would come over and tell me things (they knew I was prepared to do battle) and wouldn't talk until he left. When I left one time to discuss the van with the senior tech and came back, they asked "well?". I gave a thumbs up and got cheers from all present. Helped save the Marine (70 years old) from paying for an unneeded transmission fluid change. Bonus: Write-up guy heard us talking about the military and we all got 10% military discount.

Last edited:

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    got all wallpaper removed and wall patched and primed and walls and ceiling painted in gun room. I lack putting down new flooring and trim. Just don't have enough spare time.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lost a front sight screw for a new night sight. Just order replacements and I will make sure I do not drop the new one lol.

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Got it cleaned stripped painted and put back together. Lemme know what y’all think. It’s has a xm177/ commando-ish kinda feel to it. Nice and light too. Now I just have to zero these irons.

Attachments

• BEDB0F48-87B1-441B-81ED-7948C9490208.jpeg
      BEDB0F48-87B1-441B-81ED-7948C9490208.jpeg
      118.8 KB · Views: 175
    • 67D7AA28-EC84-41CB-B971-6A1B5D7D3053.jpeg
      67D7AA28-EC84-41CB-B971-6A1B5D7D3053.jpeg
      174.9 KB · Views: 174
    • C2C4CA81-A2E5-4CD2-BEAE-DE5B47A8AB68.jpeg
      C2C4CA81-A2E5-4CD2-BEAE-DE5B47A8AB68.jpeg
      242.6 KB · Views: 170
    Top Bottom