• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This weekend I swapped around and installed a few Glock triggers, magwells, and mag releases, as well as replacing mag springs, tumbling brass, and loading a few hundred rounds of 9mm. I'm going to load about 2K total before I swap the press over to .40 and work up a load for the G35.

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Finally made it home after 4 months, unwrapped the goodies I ordered. My MGM 327 federal contender barrel is beautiful! Then spent last night catching up on the forum. Didnt have internet on the trip back. It feels like the twilight zone with this new law

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Daezee, My Wife and I meet up at the property and did some shooting. I tried out the 50rd 9mm glock mag I bought from a forum member with the Keltec Gen 2 Sub2000 worked flawlessly... Wife shot her revolvers and the Keltec PMR30.

Also Messed around with Daezee's new Wolf A1 (Taiwan Type 91) upper with the M16 Lower and the Mattel Build.

The real Mattel looks a little different from the toy version.

dP8Env3.jpg

dgME3sr.jpg

Here is a video just for Tackleberry. sniper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLsBnOk2mus

Here are a couple of videos of us shooting the Wolf Upper and M16 Lower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXH_HTBV12Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUW2hDAGFEo

Enjoy!!!

BTW there is an Mattel M16 toy for sale on eBay. Ha ha ha ha

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage196...166789?hash=item3b04a7a7c5:g:gPcAAOSweDdapCwk

Last edited:

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Took delivery and set up my new RCBS Pro Chucker 5 Progressive reloading press the other day. Seems like a very well made press and I look forward to many years of use. The reviews are extremely favorable but for an apparent weakness in the primer delivery system. Seems a plastic pin on the primer transfer bar has been known to break. I asked RCBS about this and they told me the pin is designed to break, sort of like a shear pin, to avoid further damage and/or primer detonation in case of a primer mis-feed / jam-up. They will replace and supply extras if needed.

This is the first press I've purchased since the late 1980s. I also purchased their universal mounting plate which makes it very easy to swap the progressive out for my trusty Rock Chucker when needed (I have limited space). Until now, my progressive reloading has been exclusively with two Lee 1000s which, while much maligned by some, have given me decades of faithful service.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Took delivery and set up my new RCBS Pro Chucker 5 Progressive reloading press the other day. Seems like a very well made press and I look forward to many years of use. The reviews are extremely favorable but for an apparent weakness in the primer delivery system. Seems a plastic pin on the primer transfer bar has been known to break. I asked RCBS about this and they told me the pin is designed to break, sort of like a shear pin, to avoid further damage and/or primer detonation in case of a primer mis-feed / jam-up. They will replace and supply extras if needed.

This is the first press I've purchased since the late 1980s. I also purchased their universal mounting plate which makes it very easy to swap the progressive out for my trusty Rock Chucker when needed (I have limited space). Until now, my progressive reloading has been exclusively with two Lee 1000s which, while much maligned by some, have given me decades of faithful service.

For some reason the RCBS progressive presses just don't seem to be very popular compared to Hornady, Dillon, and even Lee. I'm interested to know what you think about it once it's up and running.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    For some reason the RCBS progressive presses just don't seem to be very popular compared to Hornady, Dillon, and even Lee. I'm interested to know what you think about it once it's up and running.

I have had the RCBS Rock Chucker for a while now and also own a Dillon XL650. The RCBS is my goto press. Love it!!!

Anytime I am rolling subsonic rifle rounds it will be in the Rock Chucker.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well the wife liked the PMR-30 so much she had to have her own. Just ordered a Gen 2 Blue PMR for her. LOL

And just ordered the longer barrel with flash hider. She has to have that too...

Last edited:

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finally broke down and got a Gen 5 19. Being left handed, I've been wanting one since they came out. Cant wait to try it out.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Finally broke down and got a Gen 5 19. Being left handed, I've been wanting one since they came out. Cant wait to try it out.

Let me know how that works. I need to sell my gen 5 because of the pinky bite. Love the gun other than that. :)

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Daezee, My Wife and I meet up at the property and did some shooting. I tried out the 50rd 9mm glock mag I bought from a forum member with the Keltec Gen 2 Sub2000 worked flawlessly... Wife shot her revolvers and the Keltec PMR30.

Also Messed around with Daezee's new Wolf A1 (Taiwan Type 91) upper with the M16 Lower and the Mattel Build.

The real Mattel looks a little different from the toy version.

dP8Env3.jpg

dgME3sr.jpg

Here is a video just for Tackleberry. sniper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLsBnOk2mus

Here are a couple of videos of us shooting the Wolf Upper and M16 Lower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXH_HTBV12Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUW2hDAGFEo

Enjoy!!!

BTW there is an Mattel M16 toy for sale on eBay. Ha ha ha ha

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage196...166789?hash=item3b04a7a7c5:g:gPcAAOSweDdapCwk

Thanks for the video Daezee. :smile: Nice job on the MATTEL inspired build and great to see it working well.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Well the wife liked the PMR-30 so much she had to have her own. Just ordered a Gen 2 Blue PMR for her. LOL

And just ordered the longer barrel with flash hider. She has to have that too...
    They always have to have the fancy one... haha

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

So far the Pro Chucker is operating flawlessly, cranking out .40 S&W. It is smooth and operates easily, and I'm happy with my purchase. I've never used Hornady or Dillon...When I started reloading some 31 years ago, my teacher was an RCBS believer, and I became one, too. I've had my Rock Chucker, Uniflow dumper and most everything else RCBS green from the beginning, along with two Lee 1000s, which at the time were quite a bargain at something just over $100 each with a set of dies.

For some reason, Hornady loading equipment just never interested me (bullets, yes, reloading equip, no), and whether true or not, I convinced myself that Dillon was overly complicated and proprietary, not to mention overpriced (I do not mean to disparage the brands or their users, just explaining my personal perceptions and brand loyalty that steer me toward RCBS). So when it came time to upgrade from my faithful Lee 1000s, I naturally looked to RCBS. For dies, I have RCBS, Lyman, Redding and Lee.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Today, I assembled my fully 922r 9mm double stamper.
    fcb22644de6e946d87f91c476e721e7a.jpg

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sized, swagged, trimmed, then neck sized again about 2K .223 cases. Cleaned them up in the cement mixer and got them laid out with the fan on them to dry them.
    Mixer.jpg
    Drying.jpg

Attachments

• Mixer.jpg
      Mixer.jpg
      485.7 KB · Views: 280
    • Drying.jpg
      Drying.jpg
      450.7 KB · Views: 277

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I shot the USPSA match in Dothan yesterday. It was a long drive (especially on the way home), but it was a fun match. A lot different than the stages I usually shoot.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yep, always good to get into another pond!

It is indeed.

I forgot to mention that I shot Production at the match. And it was the first time I've shot an iron sighted Glock in a match in over 2 years.

Top Bottom