• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Received another email from the Swiss Army officer that had been issued the P49 I now own. He included photos of pages from a book marked "Ubungen mit der persönlichen waffe" at the top of each page (Exercises with the personal weapon) showing dates, locations or military unit info where he shot (I believe) and scores.

Also photos of pages from another book, which included such an inventory from 1966 of his Offiziersausrüstung (Officer Equipment) and listed by serial number his dagger, pistol, and STGW 57 rifle. And items issued (including pistol, but no serial number listed) when he reported to Repair Troops Recruit School. And (apparently) different units he was at. And when his rifle and pistol were inspected.

News to me was that he was issued both a rifle an a pistol at the same time (but you can see it by serial number in the book) and that he was issued a pistol when he reported to mechanics school. He turned in that pistol and was issued another (the one I own) when he went to officer school, according to him. The first inspection of the pistol by serial number that I now own was June 4, 1964...that doesn't make sense, as he was still at Repair School and shot a pistol for qualification on June 6, 1964. Either he's mistaken in telling me the sequence of events that took place 50+ years ago (I'd be hard pressed to say was I did 50+ years ago) or maybe when another pistol is issued they put the last previous inspection info in his book to show it was inspected. The pages in the shooting qualification book do not show any weapon serial numbers.

None of the photos show the covers of the 2 books, so I don't know their official titles. I'm gonna try to attach a PDF showing 2 of the pages I mentioned and see if it shows or you can click on it and see it. Having fun translating German to English, and have lots more words to look up.

View attachment Officer Equipment.pdf

Attachments

• Officer Equipment.pdf
      746.2 KB · Views: 92

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^^^^^^^ My SWAG is that the "Books" are His individual records. These moved with him so there was an up to date record of Issue, Inspection Maintenance . Transfers and non Active Duty time at Home (all gear goes where he goes) Tracks his gear and status. Obviously, no computers or adequate system to check gear status after issue. He probably safeguarded those records as well as he did the firearm, still does from the pic. UNIT Records would tractor the larger Inventory, Inspection, Maintenance, Issue and Readiness.

All this is exceptionally cool: a military firearms living history! What would people give to get that detail one of their old Mils?

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    ^^^^^^^ My SWAG is that the "Books" are His individual records. These moved with him so there was an up to date record of Issue, Inspection Maintenance . Transfers and non Active Duty time at Home (all gear goes where he goes) Tracks his gear and status. Obviously, no computers or adequate system to check gear status after issue. He probably safeguarded those records as well as he did the firearm, still does from the pic. UNIT Records would tractor the larger Inventory, Inspection, Maintenance, Issue and Readiness.

All this is exceptionally cool: a military firearms living history! What would people give to get that detail one of their old Mils?

To the best of my knowledge, one book is called a Service Record Book or Dienstbüchlein. It is first issued to the conscript when they go to their Orientierungstag (a one day orientation). During this day they are given a presentation of the army, the civil protection, Switzerland's security policy, an overview of their rights and duties and administrative directives. The other is the Schiessbüchlein or Shooting Book. Took a bit of research to find those names. The officer the pistol came from is suppose to give me more information in a week or so before he leaves country for a couple of months.

Swiss_army_db_mla.jpg

Attachments

• Swiss_army_db_mla.jpg
      Swiss_army_db_mla.jpg
      195.6 KB · Views: 151

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Late night boogaloo with the 300blk...
    20yds, Gemtech 185gr subs and Sandman S.
    No more yard digging for this dude
    41459f24f10a2e73efadf11513938bc4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This hybrid46 is a little big on the mp5... but might shoot it in the back yard tonight
    277285b1d2f135b373e8099a34079bee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This hybrid46 is a little big on the mp5... but might shoot it in the back yard tonight
    277285b1d2f135b373e8099a34079bee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice. This is really back yard friendly and don't have to worry about shooting subsonic's out of it. It makes them subs for ya. :)

BTW... Your reverse stretch came out really nice...

uLEsZCg.jpg

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I have a Swiss K11 carbine made in 1931 with a troop tag. Since the soldier was born in 1908, I had zero hope he was still alive. I did get a message from the wife of his grandson. They knew very little about his grandfather other than the name he liked to be called...Andy vs Andre’ on the tag. In this a case I sent her a photo of the tag and translation. He now knows more about his grandfather. Normally the family gives you information (if you get a reply). In this case I could give information to them.

In this instance I had not contacted the family. A lady I know does ancestry research, and I had asked her to find an obituary...she found the wife of the grandson instead and asked her to contact me.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    For kendive, John B., and the other HK fans:

OffensiveImpossibleAoudad-size_restricted.gif

Attachments

• OffensiveImpossibleAoudad-size_restricted.gif
      OffensiveImpossibleAoudad-size_restricted.gif
      1.3 MB · Views: 252

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    For kendive, John B., and the other HK fans:

View attachment 77241

If she doesn't have an SBR, technically she is not shouldering it. After seeing her right tit move up and down like that, I'm trying to gauge the felt recoil on that gun...but then again I have been watching it for over 30 minutes and still haven't figured it out. ;-)

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yesterday we had a little get together. "Machine Gun Shoot"

B52 brought his new toy the 9mm Gatling Gun also.

Pics...

MFhbuxA.jpg

AMCLxbm.jpg

qkuYfpl.jpg

DOAzoqf.jpg

DOAzoqf.jpg

rpVUysb.jpg

2mYBCyF.jpg

BMdwLRF.jpg

j7Z3CTD.jpg

JWlineman

Master